Add statutory paternity leave
Work out if your employee is eligible for Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP), then add start and end dates so it's captured when you process your pay runs.
Add an employee's paternity adoption leave
If the employee is eligible, SPP can only be paid for a certain number of full weeks (HMRC website).
- In the Payroll menu, select Time Off.
- Click Add time off, then select Statutory Leave.
- Select the employee, then select Paternity.
- Choose if your employee is taking paternity leave for Childbirth or Adoption.
Complete the date fields. Once you enter the leave period, Xero displays the number of weeks and days the employee is taking.
- (Optional) Select the Subject to pension calculation checkbox to calculate these payments in employee and employer pension contributions.
- If your employee hasn't provided sufficient notice or documentation, change Did [employee name] provide sufficient documentation to No. Note, your employee won't be entitled to SPP.
- Click Add. Xero checks your employee’s entitlement and shows you if they're entitled to earn SPP for this period of leave.
- (Optional) To override average weekly earnings:
- Under Time Off, click the request you want to edit.
- Update the amount under Average weekly earnings.
- Click Save.