Add employee opening balances
Add employee opening balances (pay history) for the current tax year. You can record an employee's taxable and statutory earnings to date. You can also record their tax, national insurance, student loan and pension deductions.
How it works
Add opening balances for employees if you switch to payroll in Xero part way through the tax year. You only need to add opening balances once – before the employees' first pay run.
Add an employee's opening balances
- In the Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Click the employee’s name to open their details.
- Click the Opening Balances tab.
- Click Add opening balances.
- If you're switching employees from a previous payroll system:
- Click Tax – current employer.
- Enter the employee's opening balances.
- (Optional) Click other headings, such as Student loans, to add opening balances to your employee's record.
- Click Save.