Edit paid customer credit notes
Edit credit notes that you’ve completely allocated to one or more invoices in Xero. You can delete the credit allocations, and void, print or email the credit notes. You can also see the paid invoices, and the credited or refunded amounts.
How does it work
Paid customer credit notes:
- Have 0.00 remaining credit balance
- Show the credit note icon . Credit on invoices show the credit on invoice icon .
- Are accessed from a couple of places:
- In the Accounts menu, select Sales, click Paid, then select the credit note.
Open a credit note from an invoice. If the full amount of the credit note was applied to the selected invoice, the credit note has a Paid status.
- Select a credit note from reports that list individual transactions or customer statements.
Edit a paid customer credit note
Edit a contact
You can change the contact (who it’s for), the contact address, or the accounts:
- Click the contact name to edit the contact's details and notes
- Click Add address or Edit address to add or change the contact's address. This updates the address for all transactions, not only the credit note.
- If you've entered a Xero network key received from another Xero organisation, an icon shows next to their name. It's not used for anything on a paid credit note.
Delete a credit allocation
From the credit note next to the invoice allocation you want to delete, click the remove icon. The credit note returns to the Awaiting Payment status. If the credit amount paid the invoice completely, the invoice also returns to Awaiting Payment.
Email or print a credit note
Credit notes can be emailed or printed for your customers as PDFs:
- On an open credit note, click Email to email it to one or more contacts. You can also select many credit notes on the Paid tab and click Email.
- On an open credit note, click Print PDF to preview and print it as a PDF. You can also select many credit notes on the Paid tab and click Print.
- You can mark the credit note as sent if it's not already.
Credit notes show if they've been marked as sent. You can click Unmark as sent to remove this if you want.
Credit note options
From Credit Note Options, you can void a paid credit note, and edit the account or tracking options:
- Click Void to void a credit note. It's removed from the invoice it's allocated to.
- Click Edit to edit the account or tracking options. You can't change any other details.
Under the Total Credit line, click any invoice to view it. You can delete the allocation from here if you want.
History & Notes
You can enter a note or view the credit note history.