Edit a paid bill
Edit a bill (sometimes called accounts payable) that's been fully paid. If it's a repeating bill, only the current transaction changes. You can delete or void the bill template to stop all future repeats.
What you can do
- Remove payments and credits.
- Edit fields that don't affect the bill total, such as the due date. You'll have to make VAT adjustments using a different method.
- Assign expenses to a customer.
Edit your paid bill
- Find and open your paid or partly paid bill. Use search if you know the contact's name, or bill amount.
- Remove any payments, credit notes, prepayments and overpayments:
- (Optional) If you've deleted a prepayment or overpayment, open the bill again.
- Click Bill Options, then select Edit.
- Make your changes to the bill.
- (Optional) Assign expenses to a customer:
- Click Assign expenses to a customer.
- Enter or select the customer's name, or select Decide customer later.
- Click OK.
- Click Update.