Add a bill you have received
Create a bill for items you've received that you need to pay for. You can add related files to bills, and code items to different accounts.
What you can do
Depending on your user role you can:
- Add bills using the plus icon , from the Dashboard, the Purchases screen, directly from a purchase order, or when you're in your contacts’ details.
- If you’re using multi-currency, add bills in other currencies.
Add a bill
- To add a bill, either:
- Click the plus icon and select Bill.
- In the Accounts menu, click Purchases, then New and select Bill.
- From a Contacts details, click New and select Bill.
- Enter the information into the bill fields.
- Add the items you need to pay for. You can drag and drop the item lines to reorder them.
(Optional) Click the file icon to upload items related to the bill.
- (Optional) If you want a customer to pay for a billable expense, click Assign expenses to a customer.
- Save the bill, send it for approval, or approve it yourself.
(Optional) Click Allocate and assign customer credit to the bill.You can only allocate credit if the customer has approved, unallocated credit notes (Awaiting Payment).
- (Optional) Click Add Note to enter additional information for the bill.