Online invoices, quotes, credit notes and prepayments: overview
Send a real-time online invoice, quote, credit note or prepayment to your customer. They'll receive an email with a link to view it in their web browser. You can include a link to any outstanding bills in the online invoice, so your customer can see how much they still owe you. You can also include files that support the online invoice or quote.
Your customer can save the invoice into their Xero organisation as a draft bill. If they don't use Xero, they can create a login and save or download it.
Benefits of sending an online invoice, quote, credit note or prepayment
- Get paid faster
- Your customer can email you directly from the invoice, quote or credit note
- Xero records when they're viewed
- The first time someone views the invoice, quote, credit note or prepayment, if you've marked the item as sent
- Each time a customer views their outstanding bills online
- They are in real-time
- Record a payment on the invoice or reconcile it in Xero
- Edit the invoice, quote, credit note or prepayment in Xero
- Edit or delete included files
- Edit, or delete and replace the branding theme you've applied.
- They contain a link to real-time outstanding bills you've approved
If you've applied a payment service to your branding theme, your customer can pay the invoice or outstanding bills using this payment option.
Xero users can save the invoice, as a draft bill, into their Xero organisation.
If your customer isn't a Xero user, they can create a Xero login and save online invoices in one place.
If you've sent an invoice, credit note or prepayment, your customer can click the Questions or comments about this [item]? link and an email will be sent to the Reply To email address set up for your organisation.
If you've sent a quote, your customer can click Comment and an email is sent to the Reply To email address set up for your organisation.
The customer's query or comment is added to the item's history and notes.
They update automatically when you: