Metro Bank direct feeds
Get bank account transactions from Metro Bank sent into Xero every weekday. To apply, add your accounts in Xero, check your account types are eligible, and apply either through Metro Bank internet banking or by application form.
What you need to know
- We can set up direct feeds for these eligible account types
- Everyday (day-to-day) accounts
- Saving accounts
- Term deposit accounts
- Credit card accounts
- Foreign currency accounts
- There is a monthly fee
There is a £1.00 fee (excluding VAT) charged each month and for each account. We'll include this on your Xero subscription bill once your feeds are set up.
- You may need to import transactions manually for the period before direct feeds start
Direct feeds don't import historical account transactions, but you can manually import these transactions into your Xero organisation.
- Your direct feed will start 2 working days after you set up your feed online or up to 4 working days after Metro Bank receives your application form. We'll contact you before your feed starts.
Add your bank account in Xero before you apply
Add your account number in Xero before you apply. Make sure you select Metro Bank (UK) - Direct Feed from the Find your bank search box.
Your account number in Xero must match the account number in your online banking. Your direct feed won't start if the account number doesn't match.
Once you've entered your account number in Xero, Select GBP - British Pound regardless of the currency type. Metro Bank converts the amounts to GBP (based on the current exchange rate) before importing the transactions.
Set up your feed online
If you are a business customer using standard internet banking you can set up your direct feed online.
- Log in to Metro Bank internet banking
- Choose your profile, then click View my accounts.
- Click Details & Preferences, then click Change your Details & Preferences.
- Click Xero Direct Bank Feeds Preferences, read the information about direct feeds, then click Continue.
- Select the accounts that you would like direct feeds for, then click Continue.
- Read the terms and conditions, then select the checkbox to confirm that you've read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of Direct Bank Feeds.
Enter your Xero details, then click Continue. These details must be an exact match. We recommend you copy and paste your Xero organisation name and email address into Metro Bank internet banking.
To see your email address, click on your name on the top right corner of Xero, then click Account. Your organisation name is located on the top left corner of any Xero screen:
- Check that all the accounts you would like a direct feed for are showing on the confirmation page, then click Save Changes.
Apply by application form
If you are a business customer using Business Online Plus or Commercial Online Banking you can download and complete an application form.