Delete or void a sales invoice
You can delete a draft or awaiting approval invoice, or void an awaiting payment invoice you haven't sent to the customer yet.
About deleting and voiding invoices
If you just want to correct an error on the invoice, and haven't sent it to your customer, edit the invoice instead of deleting or voiding it:
- If you've sent the invoice to your customer, don't delete or void it. Issue a credit note if you need to make a correction, so there is an audit trail for you and your customer.
- You can reuse the invoice number from a deleted invoice. Both the deleted and new invoices show the same number.
- You can't reuse the invoice number from a voided invoice. If you want to reuse it, change the invoice number before voiding.
- You can view deleted and voided invoices.
Delete a draft or awaiting approval invoice
- In the Accounts menu, click Sales.
- On the Draft or Awaiting Approval tab, select the checkbox of the invoice you want to delete.
Void an awaiting payment invoice
Void an Awaiting Payment invoice you haven't sent to your customer.
- Find and open your awaiting payment invoice.
Click Invoice Options, then select Void.
- Click OK to confirm.