Release notes: updates to Xero on 21 January 2015
Here's a summary of what we've released:
- New column in aged payables and receivables reports
- Text block title options in new reports
- Quickly find address information for contacts and your own organisation (US)
- Larger page sizes for browsing statements
- Purchase order number in Reference field when creating a purchase order from a bill
- Inbuilt calculator on conversion or comparative balances
- Ability to hide deleted and voided invoices on customer and supplier invoice reports
- Credit notes: Approve & Add Another option
Quotes have arrived on the Sales dashboard! You can now create and send detailed quotes to your customers, then turn them into invoices. You'll also be able to copy quotes to save time, customise quotes using branding themes and email templates or create terms that you can reuse across all of your quotes.
This column in the new summary and detail reports for aged receivables and payables shows you items that are due but have not yet reached the first ageing period.
You can now choose between a numbered or standard title for text blocks in new reports, or opt to have no title at all.
We've added an address quick-find that returns verified addresses as you type. This will save time when filling out address details and improve accuracy.
For those of you with larger customer numbers, you'll be pleased to know that you can now view statements in longer lists of 100 or 200.
When you create a bill from a purchase order, the purchase order number will come through to the bill's Reference field automatically. (Of course you can still edit this if you need to.)
The handy inbuilt calculator that you may have used when entering invoices, bills, and spend or receive money transactions is now available when you enter conversion or comparative balances.
If you've deleted or voided invoices or bills, they're now excluded by default from these reports. You can choose to include them by selecting a new option when you set up the report.
If you need to enter and approve a number of credit notes in one sitting, the new Approve & Add Another option will help speed things along.