Delete a prepayment
Delete a prepayment you recorded.
When you can't delete a prepayment
- You can't delete a prepayment you've refunded or reconciled. You need to delete the refund or reconciliation first and then delete the prepayment.
- You can't delete a prepayment you've allocated to another invoice or bill. You need to remove the credit first and then delete the prepayment.
Delete a prepayment added during bank reconciliation
- Go to Accounts, then select Bank Accounts.
- Click the name of the bank account that has the prepayment you want to delete.
- Select the checkbox next to the prepayment.
- Click Remove & Redo.
Delete a prepayment recorded on an invoice or bill
You can delete a prepayment you recorded on an invoice or bill in the following situations:
You haven't refunded the prepayment, or you deleted the refund.
You haven't allocated the prepayment to another invoice or bill, or you removed the credit.
To delete the prepayment:
- Go to Accounts, then select Sales (for an prepayment received) or Purchases (for a prepayment paid).
- Click Paid.
- Click the invoice or bill you recorded the prepayment on.
- Click Options, then select Remove & Redo.
Remove a credited prepayment from an invoice or bill
If you credit a prepayment to another invoice or bill, you need to remove it from that invoice or bill before you can delete it.
- Go to Accounts, then select Sales (for an prepayment received) or Purchases (for an prepayment paid).
- Find the invoice or bill you credited the prepayment to. Click to open it.
Click the Delete icon next to the amount credited to the invoice or bill.
- Click OK.