Delete an overpayment
Delete an overpayment transaction from your bank account.
About deleting an overpayment
- You can't delete an overpayment you've refunded. You need to delete the refund first and then delete the overpayment.
- You can't delete an overpayment you've allocated to another invoice or bill. You need to remove the allocation, then delete the overpayment.
- You don't need to delete an overpayment if you only want to change the way it's allocated. Remove the allocation, then apply the overpayment to another invoice or bill, or refund it.
Delete an overpayment added during bank reconciliation
You can use this process to delete any unallocated overpayment.
- In the Accounts menu, select Bank Accounts.
- Click the name of the bank account that has the overpayment you want to delete.
- Select the checkbox next to the overpayment.
- Click Remove & Redo.
- Click Yes.
Delete an overpayment recorded on an invoice or bill
You can delete an overpayment you recorded on an invoice or bill in the following situations:
- You haven't refunded the overpayment, or you deleted the refund.
- You haven't allocated the overpayment to another invoice or bill, or you removed the allocation.
To delete the overpayment:
- In the Accounts menu, select Sales (for an overpayment received) or Purchases (for an overpayment paid).
- Click Paid.
- Click the invoice or bill you recorded the overpayment on.
- Click Options, then select Remove & Redo.
- Click Yes.