Add a receipt in Xero for iOS
Add a receipt in Xero for iOS to create an expense claim or a spend money transaction. Only users with the Standard or Adviser user role can add a spend money transaction.
To add a receipt:
- On the Dashboard, tap the add icon.
- Tap Add receipt.
- Complete the What was it for?, Where'd you spend? and Spent today fields.
- Tap How did you pay?
- To create an expense claim, tap I want to be repaid.
- To create a spend money transaction, select a business bank account from the list.
- Complete the account, tracking, amount and tax rate fields.
- Tap Optional details if you need to assign the expense to a customer, enter multiple lines or add a reference.
- Tap Add files, then select one of these options:
- Take photo to take a photo of your receipt.
- Choose Photo to add a photo that is saved on your device.
- Choose from Xero Files to select a file from your Xero Files Inbox.
- Tap Add.
Created an expense claim? Depending on your user role, you can choose to save it as a draft, submit for approval, or submit and approve.