Logging in to Xero for iOS
You can log in to Xero for iOS using Touch ID, a security code, your Xero password, or you can choose to leave the app unlocked.
There are 5 options for logging in to Xero for iOS (depending on the device you use):
- Face ID – if you have an iPhone X and have set up Face ID, you can choose to use this to log in to Xero.
- Touch ID – if you use an iPhone 5s or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, or iPad mini 3 or later, you can set up Touch ID to use your fingerprint to log in.
- Keep the app unlocked – if you use Touch ID or a passcode on your device's lock screen, you can choose to keep Xero for iOS unlocked.
Security code – you can set up a 4-digit security code to use every time you open the app. This code should be different from the passcode you use to unlock your device.If you forget your security code, you can click the Forgot button and enter your password instead. You can then select a new pin number to use in the app.
- Xero password – log in by entering your Xero password each time you open the app. If you've enabled two-step authentication in Xero, you'll need to also enter the code from Google Authenticator.
Change the way you log in
You can change the way that you log in at any time.
- Tap the menu icon on the Dashboard.
- Tap Account.
- If you currently have the app unlocked, turn on Keep the app locked.
- Tap Lock with.
- Tap either:
- Touch ID.
- Security code, then enter your 4-digit code.
- Xero password.
- Tap Account, then tap More to return to the Dashboard.