Create an invoice in Xero for iOS
Create an invoice and send it to your customer in Xero for iOS.
- From the Dashboard, tap +, then tap Create Invoice.
- From a contact, tap Options, tap Add New…, then tap Invoice.
- Complete the Who is it for? and Due fields. You can also tap on the invoice number to change it.
- Tap Add items & quantities.
- Type a description, or if you have set up inventory items, you can select an item from the list.
- Complete the account, quantity, tax, and price fields (and tracking if you've set it up). Tap Options if you want to add a discount or delete an item.
- (Optional) Tap Add another item if you have other items to add.
- Tap the back icon.
- Select the tax rate. Tap Optional details if you want to add a reference, branding theme or change the currency.
- (Optional) Tap Attach Files to include a file with the invoice.
- Tap Save. Depending on your user role, you can then choose to send, approve, send draft or save.
If you've set up defaults for your contacts in Xero, the due date, currency, sales account, branding theme, discount, and tracking will automatically populate in an invoice in the app. Tax type does not populate automatically.