Create and submit a new expense in iOS
If you have submitter status in Xero Expenses, you can capture, create, view, edit and submit your expenses using your iOS device.
Before you start
- By enabling Xero Expenses, you are allowing a trusted third-party to access your receipt data.
- Ensure your device and operating system are compatible. To request access to Xero Expenses for iOS, you'll also need an email client set up on your mobile phone.
- Download Xero Expenses for iOS for free from the Apple App Store (Apple website).
Capture an expense and submit it for approval
- From the Dashboard, tap to create a new expense claim.
- To attach a receipt, tap Capture.
Click Submit.Sometimes it can take a few minutes to extract receipt details after you have captured the image. If you're in a rush, tap Fill it out myself to enter the details. You can also tap No receipt to skip this step.
- Complete the Where did you buy it, What was it for, and Pick an Account fields.
- Select a tax rate from Pick a tax rate. This can also be Tax excluded.
- Select or add a Label.
- Tap Save Draft to add the expense claim as a draft, or tap Submit to send it to your approver.
To delete the draft while you are creating it, or after you have saved it, tap .