Rules and recommendations for using custom templates for invoice branding
Follow these rules and recommendations to make sure you can save, upload and generate your custom (DOCX) templates.
You'll need to be experienced using tables and field codes in Word, or can get help with these - online or from someone in your organisation.
- You must use Microsoft Word 2007 or later to customise your templates.
- Customised templates must contain required TableStart and TableEnd fields
- Insert fields correctly
- Move and delete fields correctly
- Insert text correctly
- You won't be able to upload templates that are larger than 1MB.
- DOCX does not support previewing, and has limited support in online invoicing.
- Certain files can't be converted into a PDF. You shouldn't use these in your templates:
- Animated GIFs
- Interlaced PNGs
- Embedded files. For example, Excel or Powerpoint