Rules for using custom (DOCX) templates for invoice branding
Follow these rules to make sure you can save, upload and generate your custom (DOCX) templates correctly.
- DOCX is a Microsoft Word document that has the .docx file extension. You can use DOCX to add a custom branding theme for your invoices, statements and some other documents you send from Xero.
- You should only work with DOCX templates if you have experience using tables and field codes in Microsoft Word. If you don't, you may want to get assistance to make sure you set up your templates correctly.
- You must use Microsoft Word 2007 or later to customise your templates.
- Customised templates must contain required TableStart and TableEnd fields.
- Make sure you insert, move and delete fields correctly.
- You need to insert text correctly.
- You won't be able to upload templates that are larger than 1MB.
- DOCX does not support previewing, and has limited support in online invoicing.
- Certain files can't be converted into a PDF. You shouldn't use these in your templates:
- Animated GIFs
- Interlaced PNGs
- Embedded files, like Excel or Powerpoint