Import your chart of accounts from MYOB
Import your chart of accounts from MYOB into Xero before you start entering transactions in Xero.
- Check we can convert the MYOB file
- Make adjustments in MYOB before exporting your file
- Export and check MYOB file
- Import MYOB file into Xero
Check we can convert the MYOB file
You can import files exported from these versions of MYOB:
- MYOB Accounting or AccountRight Standard
- MYOB Accounting Plus or AccountRight Plus
- MYOB Premier or AccountRight Premier
- MYOB Premier Enterprise or AccountRight Enterprise
- MYOB AccountEdge for Mac editions
If you use a different version of MYOB, you can:
Make adjustments in MYOB before exporting your file
Xero uses tracking instead of subcodes. If there are subcodes in the MYOB chart of accounts, make adjustments in MYOB before you export it to take into account tracking categories and options you might apply in Xero.
Export and check MYOB file
Export your chart of accounts from MYOB in Comma Separated Value (CSV) format. For example, you might name your file ChartofAccounts31Dec2015.csv. If you want to include account balances when you import the chart of accounts into Xero, export your chart from MYOB as at the end of the month before your conversion date.
When you've exported the chart of accounts, check the CSV file on your computer:
- Every column on the file must have a column header in the first row. Retain the column headers exported from MYOB.
- Your file can have up to 700 rows (1 column heading row + 699 value rows). If you have more than 699 accounts, you'll need to add the extra accounts to your chart of accounts after importing.
- Review how Xero maps MYOB accounts to Xero and make any changes needed to the exported file.
If you make changes to the file, save it in CSV format on your computer.
Import MYOB file into Xero
- In the Settings menu, select General Settings.
- Under Reports, select Chart of Accounts.
- Click Import.
- Select the MYOB system option.
- Select whether your file includes balances. If Yes, enter your conversion date.
- Click Browse to locate your saved file on your computer.
- Click Import.
- Review the chart of accounts file import
- Click Confirm.
If your import file includes bank accounts, select your bank account type (Bank, Credit Card, or PayPal) and add your bank account number.
Save your selection.