Import your chart of accounts from BankLink Practice
Import your chart of accounts from BankLink into Xero before you start entering transactions in Xero.
- Make adjustments in BankLink before exporting the file
- Export and check BankLink file
- Import BankLink file into Xero
Make adjustments in BankLink before exporting the file
- Xero uses tracking instead of subcodes. If you have subcodes in your BankLink chart of accounts, make adjustments in BankLink to take into account tracking categories and options you might apply in Xero.
- Change any account in BankLink with an account group of Not Applicable or Unknown. Xero won't import accounts with these account groups.
Export and check BankLink file
Export the chart of accounts from BankLink in Comma Separated Value (CSV) format. For example, you might name your file ChartofAccounts31Dec2015.csv.
When you've exported the chart of accounts, check the CSV file on your computer:
- Every column on the file must have a column header in the first row. Retain the column headers exported from BankLink.
- Your file can have up to 500 rows (1 column heading row + 499 value rows). If you have more than 499 accounts, you'll need to add the extra accounts to your chart of accounts after importing.
- Review how Xero maps BankLink accounts to Xero and make any changes needed.
If you make changes to the file, save it in CSV format on your computer.
Import BankLink file into Xero
- In the Settings menu, select General Settings.
- Under Reports, select Chart of Accounts.
- Click Import.
- Select the BankLink system option.
- Click Browse to locate your saved file on your computer.
- Click Import.
- Review the chart of accounts file import
- Click Confirm.
If your import file includes bank accounts, select your bank account type (Bank, Credit Card, or PayPal) and add your bank account number.
Save your selection.