The GST Audit Report
Xero's GST Audit Report displays transactions that make up the amount of GST owed by or to your organisation for the GST period being reported. You can't generate this report, Xero generates it when you run the GST Return.
About transactions on the GST Audit Report
Xero displays transactions grouped by the tax rate on your GST Audit Report. These values are included in your GST Return totals for the period being reported.
The GST Audit Report lists transactions for each tax rate (including no tax rate) you chose when you entered transactions for the period.
Find the GST component of your transactions by selecting the transaction to get to the original invoice credit note, transaction or expense claim.
Match GST Audit Report subtotals for gross amounts and tax amounts for each Tax Rate, to Xero's automatically populated totals on the GST Return.
Xero excludes transactions listed under the 'No GST' section of the GST Audit Report from the GST Return. These transactions have 'No Tax' on a transaction or 'No GST' on a line item.
If you are on the invoice basis, regardless of the date of a transaction, its value is only included in an account and in GST calculations for the period once approved in Xero. This includes:
- approved sales invoices or purchases bills awaiting payment
- authorised expense claims
Bank transactions (receive or spend money transactions), bank account transfers and sales invoice or purchases bill payments are included immediately.
About the reference column
The Reference column displays the transaction reference, if any.
Note the following exceptions:
- For manual journals, the Reference column will display the journal number of the posted journal.
- For sales invoices, sales credit notes and sales invoice payments, if there is no reference the invoice or credit note number will display.
- For bill payments, if there's no reference on the payment, the reference on the bill will display.
- For a wages payable invoice, if there's no reference, the payslip reference will display.
- No reference displays for opening balance journals, expense claims, expense claim payments or depreciation.
- For sales invoice payments and bill payments, if there's no reference on the payment, the reference on the invoice or bill will display.
- For a wages invoice payment, if there's no reference on the payment, the payslip reference will display.
- No reference displays for expense claim payments.