Aged Payables report (older version)
Access the Aged Payables report, the older version of the Aged Payables Detail report. You'll need to use this older version of the report if you'd like to see foreign currency conversion details.
The Aged Payables report shows the bills and expense claim payments that you currently owe and how long they have gone unpaid.
To access the Aged Payables report:
- On the Reports menu, click All Reports.
- Under Purchases, click Aged Payables.
The Aged Payables report is generated for the current month by default.
Choose options by which to re-run the report:
The month you want to use as the point to report back from - every bill due or issued (depending on the 'Ageing by' option chosen) in that month and back will be included e.g. April 2007 ageing by bill date will show unpaid bills raised in April and before. The default is the current month.
Choose either Month name (the default) or Month number to display the columns as months or number of months ago.
Choose either Invoice date or Due date to see the unpaid bills, unallocated credit notes or expense claims in the month they were raised (Invoice date) or in the month they were due or expected to be paid (Due Date). The default is Invoice date.
Check this option to have the bills payable for each Contact listed on the report.
When the details of the report you want to run are entered or updated, click Update to re-generate the report.
You can show or hide a chart representation of the report you have run.
- The chart is not shown by default.
- Click the Show Chart button to display the chart.
- The chart shows amounts for each month stacked by who you owe money to. Amounts are net (i.e. less credit) and are displayed in the month the bill was raised or in the month the bill was due (depending on the ‘Ageing by’ option chosen to run the report by). If a supplier is in credit for a month, the bar will display below the graph.
- Hold your mouse over each coloured block in the stack to see how much you owe that person or company.
- Click the X button above the chart to hide it.
- When you export the report as a PDF the chart will either display or not depending on whether the chart is shown or hidden here.
Depending on which part of the report you are viewing, you can show a report for bills and for expense claims.
- The list of ‘Payables’ are all the organisations (i.e. your Contacts) whose bills you have not paid in the month the bills were raised or are due (depending on the ‘Ageing by’ option chosen).
- Bills related to a pay run (e.g. for taxes) will display amounts and payee names only if you don't have access to pay run information. Those with access will be able to drill to see further details (e.g. a full breakdown of taxes paid per employee).
- Credit notes received from suppliers and entered but not yet allocated to bills are also shown.
- The list of ‘Expense Claims’ shows all the expense claims you have not paid in the month corresponding to the ‘Reporting date’ specified when authorising the claim.
- The Total (%) figure shows the portion of the total amount outstanding for each month.
- If you have chosen to show bills, these will be listed under each Contact.
If you are using multi-currency, the report footnotes show the figures that were converted into your base currency for the purpose of reporting in one currency and at what rate the conversion rate occurred. They also show where the rate was taken from (i.e. whether it was an XE rate or a rate entered by a user). Find out more on how multi-currency reports in Xero work.
If you have used the default view:
- Click on the monthly payable amount outstanding for the organisation to view all the bills and credit notes that make up the amount that you currently owe them in that month.
- Click on the name of the organisation to view all the bills and credit notes that you have received from them showing the total amount you currently owe them.
- Drilling down into an unpaid bill or organisation you owe money to generates an Invoice report. This report is a subset of the Aged Payables report and cannot be generated directly from Report Centre.
- Click on an expense claim amount or the name of a person who has expense claim payments outstanding to view the Expense Claims report. This report is a subset of the Aged Payables report and cannot be generated directly from Report Centre.
If you have used the 'Show invoices' view, each individual bill, credit note and expense claim will be shown under the organisation or person's name.
Click on the name of the organisation or the payable amount outstanding to view the original invoice.
Within 'Show invoices' view, clicking on an expense claim date or amount generates an Expense Claims summary report for that person. This report is a subset of the Aged Payables report and cannot be generated directly from Report Centre.