Add a practice report field for use in report templates
Create reusable snippets of information about your practice to speed up report template creation.
- In the header, click the list icon .
- If you have opted into Xero HQ, select Xero HQ. Otherwise select My Xero.
- Go to Reports.
- Click Report Fields.
- Click Add Report Field.
Select Practice field, name the report field, then add the content.
To insert a table, click the Table icon and select the dimensions and header settings you need.
To paste content from Microsoft Word, click the Paste from Word icon before you copy and paste from your Word document.
- Click Save.
Add the report field to your template
- Open the report template from the Reports tab.
- Select the report you want to insert the field into from the Contents drop down.
- Click Edit Layout.
- Add a text block or click into an existing one.
- Add the report field to the text block from the Insert Field drop down.
- Click Done once you've finished editing the layout.
- Click Save Draft or Ready to Use to confirm your changes.