Create an estimate from a quote
Apply a custom theme to a quote to change it into an estimate for your customer. If the customer accepts the estimate, change it back to a quote and send it for approval. You can create an invoice from the approved quote later.
Create an estimate
- Create a new DOCX branding theme and name it Estimate.
- Change the headings from Quote title and Draft Quote to ESTIMATE.
- Edit your theme and change Quote Number to Estimate Reference.
- Create a new quote, open a draft one, or revise an approved one.
- Select your Estimate theme and save the quote.
Xero applies the theme when you print or send the quote.
Change an estimate to a quote
If your customer asks for an official quote or accepts the job from the estimate, change the estimate back into a quote.
- Revise the quote.
- Select the standard branding theme.
After the customer approves the quote, you can create an invoice from it.