Show discounts on printed invoices, quotes and purchase orders
Edit a custom (DOCX) branding theme to show discounts on your invoices, purchase orders and other documents that use the theme. Discounts automatically show on invoices, quotes and purchase orders with standard branding themes unless you've hidden them.
- Click Settings, then select General Settings.
- Under Features, click Invoice Settings.
- Find the theme you want to change and click Download.
- Use Microsoft Word (or equivalent) to open the template you want to change from the ZIP file.
Use the invoice branding table of fields to decide which discount information you want to include.This example uses the discount percentage and total discount across all invoice lines.
- Insert and name columns for the discount information you want to display. Consider changing your DOCX margins or page orientation for each new column.
- Insert the discount percentage field:
- Click Insert, then insert a field from Quick Parts.
- From Field names, select MergeField.
Enter DiscountPercentage into the field name. If you want to display the percentage sign, enter % after the field.
Insert the total discount percentage (TotalDiscountAmount) field next to Subtotal. Enter the text (includes discount of).
- Save the file to your computer.
- In Xero on the Invoice Settings screen, click Upload to upload your edited file and update the custom template.