Create and approve an employee's timesheet
If an employee hasn’t submitted their timesheet for the pay period, create one and approve it at the same time before processing a pay run.
Before you start
If you want to track payroll expenses, make sure you've set up tracking for timesheets.
Create and approve a timesheet
- Go to Payroll, then click Timesheets.
- From the Any Status list, select Unsubmitted to see the timesheets that need to be created or completed for the current pay run.
Click Create for the employee you want to create a timesheet for.
Click a time block to enter the time the employee worked.
Select the earnings type.
- (Optional) If you want to track the employee's time, select a tracking category.
Enter the number of hours the employee worked.The summary area updates automatically as you add information.
- (Optional) Click + Add New to enter more earnings types and hours.
- Edit the remaining time blocks to complete the timesheet.
- Click Approve.