Adjust a processed pay run
Adjust a pay run that's already been processed to correct your payroll payments.
About adjusting a processed pay run
Use an unscheduled pay run to make corrections to a processed pay run . For example, you can adjust a pay run for missed pay items, or reverse and re-enter an incorrect wage item. You can also use an unscheduled pay run to process a negative pay run (that includes the negative wages, taxes, and net pay) to reverse incorrect wages and taxes.
- Unscheduled pay runs are used for adjusting existing pay runs, and should not be used for processing your normal pay runs.
- You can go back eight pay periods from the current date (today's date) when adjusting a processed pay run.
Before you start
Make sure you've removed any draft pay runs for the period.
Adjust a processed pay run for a pay period
- Go to Payroll, then click Pay Runs.
- In the Pay your employees list, select Unscheduled Pay Run.
- Click Process Pay Run.
- Select a pay calendar and a pay period.
- Click Create.
- Select the employee checkboxes to include them in the pay run.
- If required, click the employees' names and amend their payslips.
- Click Save & Close.
- Click Post.
- Click Post to confirm.