Adjust previous payroll payments

If you have Payroll Admin access, make an unscheduled pay run to correct your payroll payments. For example, you can enter missed pay items or correct a wages payment. You can go back eight pay periods from the current date (today's date). You can't go back to a previous year if adjusting quarterly pay runs.

How it works

Use an unscheduled pay run to:

  • Process one-off out of cycle pay runs.
  • Adjust an existing pay run (but not for your normal pay runs).
  • Process a negative pay run (that includes the negative wages, taxes, and net pay) to reverse incorrect wages and taxes.

Create an unscheduled pay run to adjust a processed pay run

  1. In the Payroll menu, select Pay Runs.
  2. Remove any existing draft pay runs in the period you want to use (you can only have one pay run for each pay period).
  3. Under New Pay Run, select Unscheduled Pay Run.
  4. Click Process Pay Run.
  5. Select a pay calendar and a pay period.

    If you're correcting a mistake from an earlier pay run, make sure you select the same pay calendar and period as the incorrect pay run.

  6. Click Create.
  7. Select the employee checkboxes to include them in the pay run.
  8. (Optional) Click the employee name, amend their payslip, then click Save & Close. Repeat for each employee as needed.
  9. (Optional) Click the Memo button Image of the Memo button. to add a personal message to the employee’s payslip.
  10. Click Post.
  11. Click Post to confirm.

You might also be interested in