Transfer an employee's annual leave to annual parental leave
If an employee takes parental leave and becomes entitled to annual leave during that time or within 12 months of returning from parental leave, you'll need to transfer their annual leave on their payslip during an unscheduled pay run, so that they're paid correctly when they take leave.
Assign the leave type to an employee
- In the Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Click the name of the employee to open their details.
- Click the Leave tab.
- Click Assign Leave Type.
- Select the annual parental leave type.
In the Schedule of Accrual list, click No Accruals.You can edit non-accruing leave in the employee's payslip.
- Enter the employee's leave balance as at the opening balances date (conversion date) in hours. This is usually 0, unless they had a balance at conversion.
- Click Save.
Once you've assigned the leave type to the employee, you'll need to transfer the annual leave on their payslip.
Transfer annual leave to annual parental leave
- In the Payroll menu, select Pay Runs.
- Create an unscheduled pay run.
- From the draft pay run, select the checkbox next to the employee you want to add to the pay run.
- Click the name of the employee to open their payslip.
- Under Leave Accruals in the annual parental leave line, add the amount of leave being transferred.
Under Leave Accruals in the Annual Leave line, enter the same number of negative hours.
- Click Save & Close.
- Process the pay run.