Give bereavement leave to an employee
If an employee asks for bereavement leave, check they are assigned this leave type then process a leave request. This will be picked up in the next relevant pay run.
- Go to Payroll, then click Employees.
- Click the name of the employee to open their details.
- Click Leave, then click Assign Leave Type.
- Under Leave, select Bereavement Leave.
- Under Schedule of Accrual, click No Accruals.
- Enter the Opening Balance. This is normally '0' hours, the same balance they had at conversion.
- Click Save.
- Click New Leave Request.
- Complete the fields:
- Type of Request should be Bereavement Leave.
- Description. Add a description for the leave request, such as ‘Funeral’. This will also appear in the summary screen for all leave requests.
- Start Date and End Date. This will automatically update the Current Leave Balance and Pay Period fields.
- Click Approve.
The request will be processed the next time the employee appears in a pay run, even if the request is for a date in the past.