Give bereavement leave to an employee
If an employee needs bereavement leave, you'll need to add it to their payslip during a pay run so that they're paid correctly and the leave can accrue.
Before you start
Make sure you've added bereavement leave as a pay item to your organisation.
Assign bereavement leave to an employee's leave types
- Go to Payroll, then click Employees.
- Click the name of the employee to open their details.
- Click the Leave tab.
- Click Assign Leave Type.
- Select the bereavement leave type.
In the Schedule of Accrual list, click No Accruals.You can edit non-accruing leave in the employee's payslip.
- Enter the employee's leave balance as at the opening balances date (conversion date) in hours. This is usually 0, unless they had a balance at conversion.
- Click Save.
Once you've assigned the leave type to the employee, you'll need to add the leave during a pay run.
Add bereavement leave to an employee's pay
- In a draft pay run, click the name of the employee to open their details.
- Under Leave Accruals in the bereavement leave line, enter the amount of leave the employee took during the pay period.
- Click Save & Close.
- Process the pay run.