Add custom leave types to an employee
Create custom leave types in payroll for your employee so their entitlements are accurate and they're paid correctly while on leave.
Add leave types as pay items
Before setting up new leave types for payroll, you need to adjust your Payroll Settings.
- Under Payroll, select Payroll Settings.
- Select Pay Items.
- Select Leave.
- Click Add and select the leave item you want to add.
- Complete the Leave Name for the new leave type you want to add to the employee.
- (Optional) Complete Liability Account and Expense Account.
- (Optional) Select Show Balance to Employee to show leave balances on your employee's payslips.
- Click Add.
Repeat these steps for each custom leave type your employees use.
Assign leave types and enter opening leave balances
- Under Payroll, select Employees.
- Click the name of the employee to open their details.
- Click the Leave tab.
- Click Assign Leave Type.
- Select the new Leave type you have just created and enter the leave information.
- Click Save.