Set up an employee's leave
Set up leave for your employees so their entitlements are accurate and they're paid correctly when on leave. You only need to do this once, before the employee's first pay run.
- In the Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Click the name of the employee to open their details.
- Click the Leave tab.
- (Optional) Under Holiday Pay, select the Include holiday pay checkbox if you want to pay the employee a percentage of their earnings with each pay.
- Enter their Holiday Pay Opening balance if they have one.
Under Annual Leave, enter the employee's Opening balance. If they're a new employee or don't have an opening balance, enter 0.Enter the balance of hours at their last anniversary, less any leave taken since then. Don't include any Annual Leave accrued since the employee's last anniversary date as this is what the Holiday Pay balance in dollars should reflect.
- If the employee has a negative Annual Leave opening balance, enter the dollar value in Total amount paid. For example, if their Annual Leave opening balance is -20 hours, and they were paid these hours at $15/hour, enter 300 into Total amount paid.
- Under Sick Leave, enter the total Hours to accrue annually.
- Enter the Maximum hours to accrue if your organisation has a limit on the amount of sick leave an employee can have accrued.
- Enter the employee's sick leave Opening balance in hours. If they're a new employee or don't have an opening balance, enter 0.
- Click Save.