End an employee’s employment
When an employee leaves, you’ll need to make a final termination payment to them including all outstanding leave balances. For example, annual leave and alternative holidays.
Casual employees with no outstanding holiday pay who are ending their employment, can be ended using the Employment tab.
Create leave requests
If the employee has any outstanding leave to pay out (excluding annual leave and alternative holidays), you'll need to create leave requests before processing the employee’s final pay. For example, Long Service Leave.
- Go to Payroll, then click Employees.
- Click on the employee to open their details.
- Click the Leave tab, and then click New Leave Request.
- Select the leave type.
Enter the start and end dates. They must be within the pay period for the leave to be included in the pay run.For example, if an employee is paid fortnightly and has two weeks long service leave but is leaving on the last day of the fortnight, the LSL request would be for 80 hours and dated the last day of the pay period.
- Modify the number of hours you want to pay out (the leave balance, plus any hours you need to accrue for the current pay period).
- Click Approve.
Set up pay run and the employee's final pay
You can make the employee's final payment in your next normal pay run or in an unscheduled pay run.
- Go to Payroll, then click Pay Runs.
- Process or delete any draft pay runs for the pay calendar.
- From Pay your employees, select the relevant pay run.
- Click Process Pay Run.
- From the final payment draft, click the employee's name.
- Click Set as Final Pay.
Select the last day of their employment date, and click OK.The date must be before the end of the current pay period.
Amend employee's payslip and post pay run
You'll need to add any additional hours worked, and make any manual PAYE adjustments in the employee's payslip.
- Enter any additional hours worked or other earnings to still be paid.
- Review the leave balances to ensure that they're zero.
- If you need to make a manual PAYE Adjustment, click + Add New Employee Tax from Employee Taxes and select PAYE Manual Adjustment.
- Click Save and then click Back.
- Review all employees in the pay run.
- Click Post.
- Click Approve to confirm.