End employment for a casual employee with no outstanding holiday pay
When a casual employee leaves, you'll need to enter their end date in Xero, then make a final payment to them including any outstanding entitlements.
Before you start
- Check that the employee has no outstanding holiday pay
- Process or delete any draft pay runs for the pay calendar
Add the employee's end date
- In the Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Click the employee to open their details.
Click the Employment tab and click End Employment.
- Select the employee's last day, and then click End Employment.
- Click End Employment to confirm.
When the employee has a definite end date, make the employee's final payment in your next normal pay run or in an unscheduled pay run.