Salary sacrifice earnings into KiwiSaver
Use Salary sacrifice to contribute a percentage of an employee's pay from earnings subject to PAYE, to superannuation subject to ESCT.
- In the Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Click the employee's name to open their details.
- Select the Taxes tab.
- Under Contribution Rates:
- Leave the Employee Contribution percentage unchanged.
- Change the Employer Contribution to 0.
- Enter a percentage in the Employer Contribution through Salary Sacrifice % field.
- Click Save.
You might also be interested in
KiwiSaver for employers (Inland Revenue website)