Salary sacrifice and KiwiSaver
Set up salary sacrifice payments for an employee who wants to increase their KiwiSaver contributions. With a salary sacrifice, you take some of the employee's pay and add it to the contributions you make to their KiwiSaver scheme.
Before you start
- Enter an employee's salary and employment information
- Enter an employee's tax and KiwiSaver information
Set up a salary sacrifice
- In the Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Click the employee's name to open their details.
- Select the Taxes tab.
- Under Eligible for KiwiSaver, select Yes.
- Under Contribution Rates:
- Leave Employee Contribution % unchanged.
- Change the Employer Contribution % to zero.
- Enter a percentage in the Employer Contribution through Salary Sacrifice % field.
- Click Save.