Expense claim and receipt statuses
Each receipt in an expense claim has a status, along with an overall status for the claim.
Status of an expense claim
The Previous Claims tab includes a status column that shows where your claim is in the approval process.
- Pending - the expense claims that you've submitted, but not yet been authorised by the approver.
- Approved - the expense claims that have been authorised for payment (all receipts in the claim approved), but the payment hasn't been made. All receipts on an approved claim are read only.
- Partially Approved - the expense claims that are authorised for payment (only some receipts in the claim approved), but the payment hasn't been paid.
- Paid - the authorised expense claims that are fully paid in Xero (either by recording a payment on the claim, or by reconciling a payment made through your bank account). If a claim has been partially paid its status will remain as Approved until it has been fully paid.
- Declined - the expense claims that have been authorised but all the receipts you submitted were denied for reimbursement and no payment will be made. The claim and all receipts on it are read only and can’t be deleted.
- Voided - the expense claims that are voided.
Status of a receipt
Each receipt in an expense claim has one of the following statuses. You can see the status for each receipt by clicking in a claim that's listed in Previous Claims tab, then click on a claim to open it.
If you have a user role that allows you to authorise or pay expense claims, receipt statuses are also listed in claims found on the Awaiting Authorisation, Awaiting Payment or Archive tab.
- Submitted - only displays to the person who submitted the claim - the receipt has been submitted but not yet reviewed by the approver.
- Awaiting Review - displays to an approver only – all receipts must be approved or declined before the claim can be authorised.
- Approved - the receipt has been approved and displays on claims still being authorised, or paid claims.
- Declined - the receipt has been declined and displays on claims still being authorised, or paid claims.
- Voided - the claim has been voided and as a result, all receipts within.