Edit a paid invoice
Edit a customer invoice that's been partially or fully paid. If it's a repeating invoice, only the current transaction changes. You can delete or void the invoice template to stop all future repeats.
What you can do
- Edit the account if the new account's tax rate is the same. Otherwise, you'll have to first remove any payments, credit notes, prepayments or overpayments to edit the invoice.
- Edit fields that don't affect the invoice total, such as the contact, due date, reference, description or tracking.
- You'll have to make GST adjustments using a different method.
Edit your paid invoice
- Find and open your paid or partly paid invoice. Use search if you know the contact's name, or invoice amount.
- Remove any payments, credit notes, prepayments and overpayments:
- Remove a payment
- Delete credit allocation
- Void a prepayment
- If you don't remove the payments, you can only edit fields that don't change the total amount.
(Optional) Click Preview to check your invoice.