View and work with customer and supplier contacts
View the details you have for your contacts and create a transaction or statement from a contact's details page.
How to get to the contact details screen
- From the Contacts menu, click All Contacts.
Search for a contact by entering the name, email address or account number in the search box.
There are two ways to search:
Enter one character to view contact names starting with that character.
Enter two or more characters to view contacts with a name, email address, or account number containing your search term.
- Click on a contact name.
You can also get to the contact details screen by:
Searching for a contact on any screen in Xero (except Fixed Assets and Payroll)
- Clicking on a contact on a spend money or receive money transaction, invoice or bill, credit note, quote, statement or purchase order.
About contact name and address details
- The primary person's name will appear as the Contact Person.
- If the contact was added because a sales invoice, bill or transaction was created in their name, only the name will show. Click Edit to add further information.
- If you have a contact called 'Unknown', it's likely to have been created by Xero because you used cash coding and left the payee field empty.
Create a sales invoice, quote, bill, credit note, purchase order or statement
Quickly create a sales invoice, quote, bill, credit note, purchase order or statement for a contact.
Create a sales invoice, quote, bill, credit note or purchase order
Click New and select an option.
Create a statement
Click Options, then select Send Statements to view a customer's statement. You can edit the statement settings, print it, and email it to the customer.