HSBC UK direct feeds
Get bank account transactions from HSBC UK sent into Xero every day. To apply for a direct feed, add your bank accounts in Xero, check your account types are eligible, and either apply online or download the application form.
Eligible account types
- Business (Current & Savings) accounts
- Foreign currency accounts (held in the UK, excluding Japanese yen)
If your account type is not eligible for direct feeds, try one of the following ways to get your account transactions into Xero:
There is a monthly fee
There is a £1.50 fee each month for each account. We'll include this on your Xero subscription bill once your feed is set up. Please note Direct Feeds are not available for trial organisations.
Set up your direct feeds
If you have a Business internet banking login, set up your direct feeds online
- In the Accounts menu, select Bank Accounts and click Add Bank Account.
- Start typing 'HSBC', then select HSBC Business Bank (UK) - Direct Feed from the list.
- Click Login & Connect Accounts.
- Log in to HSBC Business Internet Banking. In the left menu, navigate to Accounts, and expand the menu. Click ‘Manage Bank Feed’.
- Follow the instructions on the pages. For detailed user guide plese see HSBC's Business Internet Banking Help Centre (HSBC website). On the page, navigate to “Online guides” section at the bottom and select “Manage bank feeds.” (Refer to screenshot below to see how to access)
Once connected, your bank transactions will take up to 2 business days to import into Xero.
If you’re an HSBCnet customer, you can apply by phone banking or application form. Your feeds will start in 10 working days.
You must add your bank account in Xero first. Your account number in Xero must match the account number held by HSBC.
Apply through HSBC Business Telephone Banking
Contact HSBC Business Telephone Banking to set up your direct feed over the phone. You'll need access to the internet and your email account to complete a Letter of Authority during the call.
Download and read the E-Channels Letter of Authority sample form before contacting HSBC Business Telephone Banking:
Sample E-Channels Letter of Authority form (PDF, 90KB)
If your accounts require multiple signatures, each signatory will need to contact Business Telephone Banking separately to authorise direct feeds with Xero.
Contact Business Telephone Banking to set up your feed. (HSBC website)
Apply by application form
If you don't want to register for Business Telephone Banking, apply by application form.
Feeds set up by application form will start in 4 weeks.
About the form
- The form gives us authority to get your data from HSBC.
- If you have multiple organisations in Xero, all with HSBC bank accounts, you'll need to complete one form for each organisation.
- Make sure the form is signed by the required parties in the fields indicated.
Download and complete the form
- Download: HSBC E-Channels Letter of Authority (ZIP, 96KB)
- Go to your downloads folder, right click on the HSBC E-Channels Letter of Authority.zip folder, then select Extract All.
Open the E-Channels Letter of Authority PDF in Adobe Reader.
(If you don't have Adobe Reader on your computer, you'll need to install it to open the PDF file).
Complete these fields:
Account Holder - the name of the business as shown on HSBC bank statements.
Account details - the business name of your bank accounts that you are requesting a direct feed for.
- Print a copy.
- Sign the form and add the full name of the person, or people, signing for form (in block letters).
Post the original form to
Xero (UK) Limited
171 Midsummer Boulevard