Edit a spend or receive money transaction
Edit spend or receive money direct payment transactions in the Account Transactions tab of your bank accounts. You can edit all fields on reconciled and unreconciled transactions, except the total.
Find and edit bank transactions
What you need to know
- Any edited line amounts must add up to the same amount as the original reconciled item.
- If the account or tracking category previously used has been deleted or archived, it will no longer be available to select.
If you change the account code to a Fixed Asset account, it will not automatically appear on the Draft tab in Fixed Assets as it would if you created the transaction from scratch.
- Take care editing the tax rate. It could impact the transaction amount or the amount of tax which could impact GST reports that you've already submitted to Inland Revenue.
Edit a transaction
- Find a spend or receive money transaction in the Account Transactions tab of your bank accounts.
- Click on the transaction to open it.
- Click Options and select Edit Transaction.
Edit any of the required fields (except the total).
- (Optional) Enter a note for this transaction.
- Click Update