Invoice settings: overview
While you're setting up your organisation in Xero, you can use invoice settings to set up invoice numbering or payment terms, or change the appearance of sales invoices, quotes and statements you print or email.
You should do this now if you want to send documents right away that:
- Have your own numbering
- Have default payment terms (due dates)
- Look different from ones produced using Xero's standard branding theme
- Don't include links to outstanding bills online
After you've finished setting up your organisation, you'll be able to add more standard branding themes. You'll also be able to add DOCX themes to fully customise the appearance of sales invoices, credit notes, quotes, prepayments, statements and purchase orders.
Automatic number sequence
Change the number that Xero uses on your next invoice, quote, customer credit note or purchase order.
Set up default due dates (payment terms) for bills and invoices for your organisation. After you've finished setting up your organisation, you can add custom due dates for individual contacts.
Show outstanding bills
Remove or include links on online invoices to show a contact's outstanding bills.
Add or edit specific theme components
Specific things you want to display on invoices, statements, credit notes, quotes, purchase orders, receipts or remittance advices you send to your customers.
Theme names or titles
- Rename your branding theme
- Change the title of your invoice, credit note, statement, quote, purchase order, receipt or remittance advice
Fonts and barcodes
Item codes, unit price, quantity, tax
- Remove unit price and quantity
- Remove your tax number
- Show tax column or tax inclusive line items
- Display tax subtotals or currency conversion on transactions