Using two-step authentication with Xero for mobile
You can use two-step authentication with Xero for iOS and Xero for Android if you've already set it up in Xero. If you log in with a fingerprint or PIN, you won't need to enter an authentication code.
How it works
- Use the same authentication app that you used when you set up two-step authentication in Xero.
- If you log in with your email address and password, you must enter a 6-digit. authentication code. You can't use your backup security questions or save a code for 30 days.
- If you've failed to log in 5 times, we'll temporarily lock your account. You can try logging in again after 2 hours.
- Log in to Xero using your web browser to enable or disable two-step authentication.
Xero for iOS
- Enter your email and password, then click Log in.
- Enter your authentication code or tap Get code from Google Authenticator to open the app and copy the code and paste it into Xero for iOS.
Xero for Android
- Enter your email and password, then click Continue.
- Enter your authentication code or click Paste code if you have copied the code to your clipboard.