Add a receipt in Xero for Android
Add a receipt in Xero for Android to create an expense claim or a spend money transaction. Only users with the Standard, Adviser or Invoice Only (Purchases Only) user role can add a spend money transaction.
To add a receipt:
- Tap + at the top right hand corner of your screen.
- Tap Receipt.
- Complete the What was it for? Where'd you spend? and Spent today fields.
- Tap How did you pay?
- To create an expense claim, tap I want to be repaid.
- To create a spend money transaction, select a business bank account from the list.
- Complete the account, tax rate, and amount fields.
- Tap the menu icon to enter multiple items and quantities, add a reference, or assign the expense to a customer.
- Tap the camera icon, then select one of these options:
- Take photo to take a photo of your receipt.
- Upload to add a photo you have already taken.
- From Xero Files to select a file from your Xero Files Inbox.
- Tap the send icon.
Created an expense claim? Depending on your user role, you can choose to submit for approval, approve or save.