Create and submit a new expense in Android
If you have submitter status in Xero Expenses, you can capture, create, view, edit and submit your expenses using your Android device.
Before you start
- By enabling Xero Expenses, you are allowing a trusted third party to access your receipt data.
- Ensure your device and operating system are compatible.
- Download Xero Expenses for Android for free from Google Play (Google Play website).
- Find out more about logging in with two-step authentication.
Capture an expense and submit it for approval
- From the Dashboard, tap to create a new expense claim.
- Complete the What was it for?, Spent at, Spent today and Account fields.
To attach a receipt, tap Take a photo or upload one from a Photo library on your device or online.Sometimes it can take a few minutes to upload and process receipt details after you have captured the image. If you're in a rush, tap Fill it out myself to enter the details.
- Enter a Total incl. tax. Accept the standard rate such as 15% GST on Expenses, or adjust to exclude tax.
- Tap and select either Save to add the expense claim as a draft, or Submit to send it to your approver.
To delete the draft while you are creating it, or after you have saved it, tap the menu icon , then tap Delete.