Error 500 message in Xero
If you see an Error 500 message while using Xero, try these suggestions to see if you can fix the problem. If the issue persists, get in touch with Xero Support.
Check Xero's system status page
Go to Xero's system status page to see if Xero is currently experiencing any system-wide issues causing a disruption in service. This page is updated as issues are identified and resolved.
If there is no current issue listed, try the next 3 suggestions.
Clear your cookies and cache
Try clearing your cookies and cache. This ensures that old data is not stored in your browser. You should clear your cookies and cache regularly so Xero runs as smoothly as possible.
Log in to Xero again
If you logged into Xero using a bookmark in your browser, try refreshing your session. To do this, log out of Xero, then log back in using this URL: login.xero.com.
Log in to Xero (login.xero.com)
Try another browser or device, or see if others are experiencing issues
- Ask a colleague if they see the same error message.
- Try logging in using a different, supported browser.
- You could also try logging in on a different computer or device.
Need more help?
If these suggestions haven't helped, get in touch with Xero Support. The more detail you can provide, the faster we can help.
- Click the Contact Xero Support button.
- Select I think something is broken.
- Enter a subject line.
- In the body field, enter the following:
- Your Xero organisation name.
- Describe what you were trying to do when you saw the error message.
- Let us know if you have tried clearing your cookies and cache, logging in and out, and logging in from a different browser or device.