Standard user role
A Standard user's Xero dashboard shows:
- Bank accounts (with bank reconciliation prompts)
- The balance of draft and overdue bills and sales invoices
- Buttons to add new sales invoices or bills
- Current expense claim details, with a button to add a new receipt
- Summary graphs for running bank balances and sales invoice or bill payments
- A list of current and year-to-date account balances on the Account Watchlist (optional)
Standard users have full access to:
- Sales invoices and quotes
- Bills and purchase orders
- Expense claims
- Enter, view, approve, pay or reconcile transactions
- Print, send from Xero to Xero, or email transactions
They also have full access to the budget.
Access to reports, budgets and manual journals
Standard without permission to view and run reports
This restricted version of the Standard user role can access only:
- The Bank Reconciliation Summary (without the ability to publish)
- Contact reports in Contacts
- Pay Run reports, if they have the Payroll Admin role.
The user can't save draft reports, can't access any other reports, and won't have access to the Budget Manager or Manual Journals.
Standard with permission to view and run reports
The default access for the Standard user role is to have access to reports. The Standard user with reports permission can:
- View and run most reports, including those with foreign currencies
- Save as template and export new reports
- Print and export older reports
- Create report layouts
- Access manual journals from the Journal Report (and from there they can post journals)
- View any reports created by someone with the Adviser user role (draft, published or archived)
- Publish the Sales Tax Report and Bank Reconciliation Summary
They also have full access to budgets under the Reports menu.
Unlike the Adviser user role, they can't save draft reports, publish reports or add notes. The only exceptions are the Sales Tax Report and the Bank Reconciliation Summary.
No Standard user can run the:
- Management Report
- Reconciliation Reports
- Annual Accounts - Exempt
(Only users with the Adviser user role can run these.)
Access to contacts
Standard users can:
- Add contacts
- Edit contacts
- Import or export contacts
- Merge contacts
- Archive contacts
- View a contact's payment history
- Send statements
Standard users can also add and manage employee contacts within Pay Run (if a Payroll Admin).
Standard users must have the Bank account admin user permission to add and edit bank accounts for contacts.
Access to fixed assets
Standard users can:
- Set but not change the fixed assets start date
- Import and add new draft assets
- Copy draft and registered assets
- Edit draft assets
- Delete draft assets
- Run, view and export fixed asset reports.
They can't access fixed assets settings, register fixed assets, run depreciation, or dispose or delete registered assets.
Access to settings
Standard users can access and change these settings for Xero:
- Organisation and invoice branding
- Chart of accounts (including importing and exporting, changing tax rates and creating tax rates)
- Tracking, conversion balances (including conversion date, comparative balances and historical sales invoices and bills)
- Xero to Xero and connected apps
- Pay items (if a Payroll Admin)
- Cheque styles
The Standard user has no access to lock dates.
Access to currencies
The Standard user role has full access to currencies if the organisation has purchased a pricing plan that includes multi-currency.
If you are the subscriber for your organisation, you can purchase a pricing plan that includes multi-currency.
The multi-currency option is not available to Xero Partner Edition organisations, only to Business Edition organisations.
Ability to view and manage other users
As long as someone with the Standard user role has Manage users permission, they can:
- Add, edit and delete users.
- Set each user's role.
The Standard user role without Manage users permission can only view the list of users for the organisation.
Ability to help during setup (Business Edition)
During setup, if you're the subscriber, you'll have the Standard role by default. You can invite someone with the Adviser user role to help. They can access conversion balances and other financial settings which may need correcting.