Add a pay item to a draft pay run (for Xero's Pay Run feature)
If you have the Adviser or Standard user role with Payroll Admin, add a new pay item while you're entering a draft pay run.
- In the Accounts menu, select Pay Run.
- Select the pay run that contains the employee's pay you want to add the pay item to.
- Click Next.
Select the check boxes for the employees you want to add the pay item to.
- Click Add a new line.
Click Add new pay item.
- Enter a unique pay item Name, and (optional) Description.
- Select a Pay/Tax Type and secondary fields when they apply.
- (Optional) Select the Show as default pay item for all employees check box to apply this pay item as the default for all employees.
- Select Save.
Enter a quantity next to the pay item in the Qty field on the payslip.