Inventory Item Sales report
The Inventory Item Sales report shows a list of approved invoices and receive money transactions that make up the total sales for an untracked inventory item.
Drill down from the Sales by Item report to get to this report.
Your user role will determine if you can see this report, and whether you can save and publish it or just view it.
Reports and budget role comparison
Use the inventory item sales summary screen to:
- choose the data to show in the report then generate it
- view transactions that make up the total sales of the inventory item
- select individual transactions
- go back to the Sales by Item report.
Choose or update the report options then generate the report.
- Item field to choose from your list of inventory items. Not all inventory items will display in this list, only those items that have ever been used on a sales invoice or receive money transaction. The default is the item you drilled down from on the Sales by Item report
- From and To fields to choose the timeframe of the report. The default dates are the same as the report you've drilled down from.
Then use the Update button to generate your report. Use the Update button each time you change the date or other report options.
If you're using multi-currency in Xero the report will display an additional option to change the report to display sales in all currencies. The report defaults to your base currency and you just need to uncheck this.
Find out more about multi-currency reports in Xero.
If you are viewing a report produced by someone with the Adviser user role, you may see notes or a summary on the report. You may be able to
export, archive or edit the report, depending on your user role.
User roles in Xero
All the approved invoices and receive money transactions that make up the total sales of the inventory item that you've chosen on the Sales by Item report will display. If items don't display it means you didn't use them on approved invoices or receive money transactions, or Xero hasn't counted them as sold (for example, they're invoices with a status of draft or awaiting approval).
- The number of items sold and the price charged for the item on each transaction the item was used on are displayed. Note that the price shown is the price that you charged for the item on the transaction which might be different from the unit price you have entered for the item on the inventory item itself.
- If you have re-run the report for a range of dates when the item did not appear on any transactions, the report will be blank.
Click on the transaction date to drill down to the see the item used on the transaction.