Management-style reporting packages for month or year end
Management-style reporting packages group Xero's older standard reports and specific text-based information in one larger report. They are only available for those with the Adviser user role and are intended for month-end or year-end reporting.
If you are a Xero partner, try our fully customisable report templates instead.
Try out the new report templates
- Management Report
- Annual Accounts - Exempt
- Reconciliation Reports
- Generate a management report pack
- Tips for working with text-based management reports
Only users with the Adviser user role can access these reports. Other users can view management reports that are saved as draft, published or archived.
The Management Report consists of these standard Xero reports:
You might like to save or publish the Management Report, as a single report, at the end of each month.
The Annual Accounts - Exempt report pack is made up of standard Xero reports and specific text-based reports.
Change the reporting standard to suit your business type using the Reporting Standard drop-down in the Compilation Report.
The reporting standards and collection of reports provided with each standard are:
|Company (Exempt)||Company (LAQC)||Trust||Partnership or|
|Compilation Report *||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Directors' Report *||Yes||Yes||-||-|
|Company Information *||Yes||Yes||-||-|
|Profit and Loss report^||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Movements in Equity||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Notes to the Financial Statements *||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Minutes for AGM *||Yes||Yes||Yes||-|
|Resolution for Insolvency *||-||Yes||-||-|
* Text-based report that contains default text that you or your accountant or bookkeeper can edit as appropriate to your business. The only exception to this is the list of fixed asset accounts that appears if you have entered any transactions against fixed asset accounts - you can edit or delete the note that sits above the list of accounts but not remove the list.
^ If you have customised the report layout for your Profit and Loss report or Balance Sheet so it creates groups of accounts that display a summary entry and amount for that group, you'll also get a Profit and Loss Schedule or Balance Sheet Schedule. This schedule breaks out all the groups and lists all the accounts and amounts within each group. The schedule will not display if you are not viewing a customised layout, or your customised layout doesn't include any groups that show a summary entry only.
Reconciliation Reports consist of standard Xero reports you can use to identify variations in your accounts:
- Trial Balance
- Aged Receivables
- Aged Payables
- Bank Account Reconciliation**
- Fixed Asset Reconciliation
- General Ledger Exceptions
- Journal Report
** There will be a Bank Account Reconciliation for each unarchived bank account that you have in Xero.
First, on the Reports menu, select All Reports.
The management report packs are available from the Accounting section.
The panel of report options available on each report within a pack are exactly the same as the options available when you're generating one of these reports individually from the Reports menu. You can change the date, comparison, YTD and other options specific to each report as required.
Use the Update button to generate your management report package with the options you've chosen. Use the Update button each time you change the date or other report options.
Edit text reports to suit your company
- Some of your text-based reports may ask for company-specific options to be set from this panel, e.g. imputation credits, auditor's name, all of which you can change and set as necessary.
- The default text is sample only. You can delete the text entirely, or just change parts of it to meet your specific reporting requirements.
Annual Accounts and Management Report automatically save to draft
If you change the default text in a report inside a report pack, or add a summary or footnote and save these changes, Xero saves the whole report pack on the Draft tab. You can keep working and save as many times as you like.
If you leave these reports but want to keep working on them later after saving changes, make sure you come back to the report pack on the Drafts tab in the Report Centre.