Add a schedule to a new report
Add a schedule to the new Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, or Movements in Equity report. In the schedule you can add account groups, formulas, individual accounts, and custom information.
- On the report you want to add the schedule to, click Edit Layout.
- Click the schedule icon .
- In Name, enter a title for the schedule.
- Under Display Balance, select either Debit Positive or Credit Positive.
- Keep the Total checkbox selected to have a total, or clear to remove.
- Keep the Numbered Heading checkbox selected to give the schedule a numbered heading. If you'd like a text-only heading, clear the checkbox.
- From here, you can add:
- Account groups
- Click the rows icon , then select Group. This adds an untitled group to the top of the schedule.
- In Name, enter the name of the group as you want it to appear on the final report. Your group name updates when you click out of this field.
- In Display Balance, choose whether to display account balances as positive when the balance is a credit or a debit.
- (Optional) Click Group Selection to add another group around your new group.
- (Optional) Click Add Switch Rule to move your selected group to another group if the balance is negative. Select whether to switch according to the balance of individual accounts or the entire group, and the group to switch it to.
- In the new group in the accounts grid, click Add Accounts and select the checkboxes next to the accounts you want to add.
Click the header of the group and drag to where you want it in the report. You can place it at the top level or within another group.
You'll need to edit any formulas that relate to your new group.
- (Optional) Summarise the group by clicking on the arrow at the top of the group.
- Click the rows icon , then select Formula.
- In Name, enter the name of the line as you want it to appear on the final report.
- Place your cursor in the Formula window and:
- From Insert, select any group totals or formula lines.
- Click any mathematical operator to insert it.
- Enter numerals, brackets or other mathematical operators using your keyboard.
- Click the rows icon , then select Account.
- Select the accounts you want to add to this schedule.
- Click Insert.
- A custom row (for information from outside Xero)
- Click the rows icon , then select Custom. This adds an untitled row to your schedule.
- In Name, enter the text you want to appear in this row.
- Drag the row to wherever you want it in the schedule. When you save the layout, you'll be able to enter an amount in the box to the right of your text.