Run the Depreciation Schedule report (New)
Run the Depreciation Schedule to display your organisation's depreciation and fixed asset value.
About the Depreciation Schedule
- The Depreciation Schedule is an improved report. It replaces the previous Depreciation Schedule, which you can still run.
- Although you can run this report from any date, we recommend you run it from a date on or after you started depreciating fixed assets in Xero. If you run it from a date earlier than this, the figures may not be correct.
The Depreciation Schedule displays data from registered items in your fixed assets register. It's good practice to first update your fixed asset register and run depreciation before you run the Depreciation Schedule.
- You can choose how the report groups transactions, and what extra details it displays.
Run the Depreciation Schedule
- In the Reports menu, select All Reports.
- Under Fixed Assets, click ... to expand the section if the report is hidden.
- Click Depreciation Schedule (New).
- Select a date range, then click Update to view your report.
Customise your report
Click Report Settings to customise your report.
Column display options
- Asset Type
- Cost Account
- Cost Limit
- Effective Life
- For a taxable purpose
- To produce exempt income
- To produce non-assessable exempt income
- Expense Account
- Residual Value
Asset types entered in your assets' details. Not account numbers (in your chart of accounts).
Accounts (in your chart of accounts) you've coded your assets to.
If you've set a ceiling value on any high value (luxury) items for the purposes of depreciation claims.
How long (in years) a depreciating asset can be used:
Accounts (in your chart of accounts) you've coded your assets' depreciation expense to.
Purchase dates entered in your asset details.
Assets purchased during your selected date range.
The depreciation rate you've set for the asset.
If you've set an effective life value for an asset, no rate will display. You can't have a rate and an effective life.
Salvageable value at the end of the effective depreciation period. This value will limit the minimum book value amount for depreciation.
Tracking categories you've coded your assets to. This option appears only if you have set up tracking in your organisation.