Find a group of transaction lines using Find & Recode
Begin recoding by searching for a group of transaction lines that match one or more conditions. You can also define conditions to exclude transaction lines.
Search for transaction lines
To find a group of transaction lines in Xero:
- In the Adviser menu, select Find & Recode.
- Click Find & Recode.
- Select All to search for transaction lines that match several conditions at once. Select Any to search for transaction lines that match at least one of the conditions you specify.
- Click Add a condition, then select a search condition from the list. If you've created tracking options, they will appear at the bottom of the list.
- Enter details for the search condition you’ve selected.
To find transaction lines that haven’t been assigned a tracking category, select Unassigned from the list displayed for tracking.
- To add another, click Add a condition. To remove a condition, select next to the condition you’d like to remove.
- Click Search. You can now recode transaction lines.
You can search for transaction lines matching or excluding one or more of the following conditions.
|Type||All supported transaction types.|
All transactions lines with statuses matching Draft, Awaiting Approval, Awaiting Payment and Paid.
When you search for Awaiting Payment transactions the search results will include transaction lines for spend money and receive money.
|Account||Can't search accounts receivable, accounts payable, unpaid expense claims, tracking transfers, bank revaluations, unrealised currency gains and bank accounts.|
|Date||Transaction lines created on a specific date or within a certain date range. You can't search for transaction lines created prior to a lock date, unless lock date was set for all users except advisers.|
|Transaction total||Amounts equal to, less than or more than a specific transaction total.|
|Tax rate||All active and archived tax rates.|
|Entered by||User that created the transaction.|
|Contact||Active contacts, but not archived contacts.|
|Tracking||If you've created a tracking category tracking category. You can also search for transaction lines that haven't been assigned a tracking category.|
|Inventory||Untracked inventory can be searched for and recoded, tracked inventory can't be searched for or recoded.|