Export your data out of Xero
Xero has strict security and backup procedures to protect your data. You can't create a full backup of your data yourself but you can export individual files. We recommend exporting your data out of Xero before you delete an organisation.
Recommended data to export from Xero
We recommend you export these from Xero before you stop using it, or if you want to do a backup.
- Export data from these reports
- Export your chart of accounts
- Export contacts
- Export your invoices and bills
- Export fixed assets
Export data from these reports
- Export general ledger data out of Xero - export for a client, for your own backup, or to import it into another accounting product.
- Trial Balance - this will give you a snapshot of your account balances at the time you remove your organisation from Xero.
- Detailed General Ledger report - this will give you a history of all transactions.
- Detailed Account Transactions report - use this as part of your end-of-year (or end-of-period) to work out transactions that have the wrong tax rate. It may also be useful to support a set of financial statements.
- Aged Receivables Summary with Show invoices selected - this will give you a summary of all your debtors with balances outstanding at the time you remove your organisation. It will also show the details of the invoices that make up the balances.
- Aged Payables Summary with Show invoices selected - this will give you a summary of all your creditors with bills outstanding at the time you remove your organisation.
- Balance Sheet to show the financial position of your business.
- Profit and Loss report to show the financial performance of your business.
- Sales Tax Summaries you have published as these show historical tax returns you have filed with your tax authority.